1080 Cab Calloway - The Jumpin' Jive (Hep-Hep!)

1080 Cab Calloway - The Jumpin' Jive (Hep-Hep!)

I felt like listening to some Cab Calloway this morning, especially this up-beat Swing tune. I am always amazed whenever I see and hear his performances, this man and his music are timeless in my opinion. I don't believe he could ever be truly out of fashion in any decade; the man oozes style.
Anyway, this one was co-written by Cab Calloway, Frank Froeba, and Jack Palmer around the late 1930s. This tune is probably most famous for being the vehicle behind The Nicolas Brothers' remarkable dance number in the musical film Stormy Weather.

Here is a 78 Rpm vinyl recording of the song on YouTube.
Here is the performance of the song from the musical Stormy Weather featuring The Nicolas Brothers' dance number on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: The Police - Synchronicity II
My song pick two years ago today: Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade