1964 The Honeycombs - Have I the Right?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3f/TheHoneycombs.jpg
From: Have I the Right (Single); Year: 1964; Genre: Pop
There were quite a few songs that I like from the year 1964 and was thinking about making my 1964th song picked. However, I happened to remember this song, which was the last hit produced by legendary eccentric producer and inventor Joe Meek.
I have always been a fan of his unorthodox ways of getting the "perfect" sound, be it pounding a microphone on a floor wrapped in a blanket and tape to make the "perfect" bass drum sound or recording his toilet flushing to mimic the sound of a rocket launch. On this one the prominent unique sounding "drums" were enhanced actually by five microphones fastened to a staircase whilst the members of the band stamped their feet on it as well as a tambourine being beat into a microphone for further enhancement.
Sadly, Joe Meek would never produce any more hits on this or the scale of any of his previous recordings and would end up taking his life three years later.

Hear Have I the Right? on YouTube.
Watch a synced television performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Christmas All Over Again

My song pick two years ago today: Rush - Tears

My song pick three years ago today: Sylvia - Drifter

My song pick four years ago today: Cheech & Chong - Santa Claus and His Old Lady

My song pick five years ago today: Supertramp - The Logical Song


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade