2660 The Zombies - Care of Cell 44

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61y0bXvSx5L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Odessey and Oracle; Year: 1968; Genre: Pop/Psychedelic Rock
For the first time in a while I didn't have a song running through my mind when I was getting ready to pick, so I picked one from a band that I hadn't picked in a long while. In fact I surprisingly haven't picked one from The Zombies in over 2500 picks, but I have picked a few since from band leader Rob Argent's band of his name sake.
Anyway, while this one might seem like a piece of high-calorie mainstream pop on the surface, if you listen the music is incredibly done and quite complex. This one was supposed to be the "main hit" from the album, but for one reason of another it was eclipsed by the legendary hit "Time of the Season."

Hear Care of Cell 44 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Band of Horses - The Great Salt Lake

My song pick two years ago today: Stahlhammer - Eisenherz

My song pick three years ago today: Exist†Trace - RESONANCE

My song pick four years ago today: Three Dog Night - One Man Band

My song pick five years ago today: The Eagles - Outlaw Man

My song pick six years ago today: Def Leppard - Lets Get Rocked

My song pick seven years ago today: Alabama - Roll On (Eighteen Wheeler)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade