Theme Picks

This list contains links to my theme weeks and other odd themes that I sometimes do. I highly doubt that it is complete; as I remember/rediscover other themes that I have done in the past I will add them to this list. I guess I should've made this list a long time ago, it would've saved a lot of hassle.

My Theme Weeks (in chronological order):

Canadian artist theme week - A week of songs from Canadian artists.

Truck driving song theme week - A week of picks that featured song about or related to truck driving.

Music I like that others I know do not like theme week - Kind of self-explanatory.

"The Five" workweek theme - One song from each member of a group of Russian composers known as "The Five:" Mily Balakirev, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, Modest Mussorgsky, César Cui, and Alexander Borodin.

Eric Clapton theme week - A week of songs that feature Eric Clapton.

"Moon" song theme week - A week of songs with "Moon" in the title.

"Sun" song theme week - A week of songs with "Sun" in the title.

One-year anniversary theme week - Marking the one year anniversary of my blog, this is a theme week where I picked songs from the first 7 artists I ever picked.

Creedence theme week - A week of songs featuring Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Car/Vehicle wreck theme week - Songs about car/vehicle wrecks.

Apollo 11 40th anniversary mini theme week - Four songs that I picked to mark the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing.

'Skynyrd mini theme week - 4 days picks featuring songs from Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Beatles theme week - A week of picks featuring music from The Beatles.

The Voyager Golden Record theme week - 7 Songs that were on The Voyager Space Probe's Golden Record.

Also known as Rammstein on the internet theme week - Songs from bands that have been misattributed as being from Rammstein.

Picks from dead or dormant Song-a-Day Blogs - A week where I picked songs that were picked on other peoples' Song a Day blogs that had gone silent.

Covers by famous bands theme week - Pretty much explains itself.

…And about 1300 days later theme week - Songs from bands/artists that I hadn't picked another song from since my first 100 picks.

"Beast" theme week - 7 songs that have "Beast" in the title or are somehow related to it.
 
Adding another beat a day/Mystery theme week - A theme week where I kept the theme hidden until the last day of the week.

"Weird Al" changed this song for me theme week - Seven songs which "Weird Al's" parody lyrics supersede the original in my mind.

Instrumental theme week - a week's worth of songs that I picked that were instrumentals.

Music from "Downunda" theme week - Songs from Australian bands.

Six Years Later Theme Week - Like my One-year anniversary theme; I picked songs from bands that I picked my very first week.

'80s Music Theme Week - A week of very early '80s sounding music; Caution: a lot of radical and far out New Wave here.

"B" Theme Week - A week of picking songs from artists who start with a B.

Winter Theme Week - Picks that are based on the theme of the coldest season of the year.

Colour Named Bands Theme Week - A week's worth of songs from bands who have a colour in their names.


Other Non-Week Theme Picks:

Funky Fridays - Every now and then I pick a funk or related genre song on Fridays. (I was inspired to do this by another Song a Day blogger, Max, whose blog is currently offline. He was originally inspired to do it by Pat, who also has a Song a Day blog that is currently sitting idle.)

J.S. Bach's Brandenburg Concerto picks - For my first pick and each pick that marks the anniversary of my blog for the first five years I picked one of J.S. Bach's Brandenburg Concertos.

Grateful Dead Memorial Day picks - Each year I pick a Grateful Dead song on Memorial Day.

Christmas and Seasonal song picks - Pretty self-explanatory.

'Tull Eras; Jethro Tull's 40th Anniversary Sunday picks -  For 13 Sundays I picked a song from each of the 13 eras of the band.

Monday the 13th picks - A theme that I came up with where I pick a song related somehow to it when the 13th of the month lands on a Monday.

Song Pick Number Matches a Date Theme - For a time my song pick numbers coincided with certain dates, i.e. the date a composer was born/died or when a song was composed or released.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade