- My Little Labour of Love Ongoing for Nearly Two Decades -
Alphabetic List "X"
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
X
Pick Number, Artist, Song Title 2479. Xerath - The Glorious Death 4986. Xerath - I Hold Dominion 1716. Xerath - Unite to Defy 5091. XTC - King For A Day 2464. XTC - Travels in Nihilon
From: Truth ; Year: 1968; Genre: Hard Rock/Blues Rock This is the second song that I am aware of that was inspired by the late 1950s novel and film On The Beach ; the other being Dancing With Tears In My Eyes by Ultravox. While being the very dark and heavy subject matter of the omnipresent threat of nuclear holocaust experienced by those who lived Post War into the 1990s, it is quite thought-provoking. It was originally written in the early '60s by singer/songwriter Bonnie Dobson and subsequently covered many times since. I really like the overall arrangement and direction on this cover. All of the music is absolutely great as is Rod Stewart's vocals. Hear Morning Dew on YouTube. My song pick 1 year ago today: Carmen - Sailor Song My song pick 2 years ago today: The Isley Brothers - Hope You Feel Better Love (Part 1+2) My song pick 3 years ago today: Gary Wright - Dream Weaver My song pick 4 years ago today: Glass...
From: Fake Songs ; Year: 2002; Genre: Punk Rock/Comedy It's been 19 years now and am finally getting around to picking something from Liam Lynch; should've some time ago, eh? This is probably his best-known song as far as I am aware; he is much more prevalent in television and other film media and apparently does the majority of his work there. The whole funny "attitude song" is really wot makes it as great as it is, but it can get old quite fast if played too much. Hear United States of Whatever on YouTube. My song pick 1 year ago today: Earth, Wind & Fire feat. The Emotions - Boogie Wonderland My song pick 2 years ago today: Nina Simone - Pirate Jenny (The Black Freighter) My song pick 3 years ago today: Smash Mouth - Walkin' On the Sun My song pick 4 years ago today: Fairport Convention - No Man's Land My song pick 5 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Goin' Through the Motions My song pic...
From: Fuck Everyone And Run (F E A R) ; Year: 2016; Genre: Progressive Rock I must be in a solemn or melancholy mood lately; been listening to a lot of heavy downer, but powerful music. I suppose this whole record is more so with the overall current subject matter of how humankind has devolved to the point of seeing an impending global catastrophe, be it economic, humanitarian, etc... and the overall reaction, especially those who have the ability to make a difference, to just greedily acquire all the money and resources whilst charging head-first into the annihilation. Kind of a "the winner is the one who dies with the most" type of thinking. Anyhoo, this is the opening track/mini concept piece that consists of five songs within. Quite a pretty and uplifting suite of music that works in such a way that the listener's attention is kept throughout its entirety. Watch a full live performance on YouTube. My song pick 1 year ago today: Rammste...
This list contains links to my theme weeks and other odd themes that I sometimes do. I highly doubt that it is complete; as I remember/rediscover other themes that I have done in the past I will add them to this list. I guess I should've made this list a long time ago, it would've saved a lot of hassle. My Theme Weeks (in chronological order): Canadian artist theme week - A week of songs from Canadian artists. Truck driving song theme week - A week of picks that featured song about or related to truck driving. Music I like that others I know do not like theme week - Kind of self-explanatory. "The Five" workweek theme - One song from each member of a group of Russian composers known as "The Five:" Mily Balakirev, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, Modest Mussorgsky, César Cui, and Alexander Borodin. Eric Clapton theme week - A week of songs that feature Eric Clapton. "Moon" song theme week - A week of songs with "Moon" in the ti...
From: Guitar Man ; Year: 1972; Genre: Soft Rock Used to listen to this record a lot back when I was in my early teens; still love it quite a bit. It's one of those album oriented rock discs that each track just leads from one to another perfectly as to not break the vibe and flow of the listener. In my opinion Guitar Man was Bread's best record by a country mile; even though they might've had bigger hits elsewhere, the sum of its parts just blows their other studio album away. Anyway, this piece that features strings and acoustic guitar is quite mellow musically on the surface, but the emotion conveyed in the chord choices and melody along with David Gates' vocal performance make it deep and heavy all the same. Hear Aubrey on YouTube. My song pick 1 year ago today: Bryan Adams - Summer of '69 My song pick 2 years ago today: For Squirrels - Plymouth My song pick 3 years ago today: The Undisputed Truth - Atomic Funk ...
Here are the genres of music from the songs that I have chosen on my song-a-day blog. It is more than likely incomplete and there are likely to be some errors, but I figured it would help those who visit to navigate my ever-expanding blog. * Bluegrass * Blues * classical * 20th Century Period * Baroque Period * Classical Period * Opera * Musical * Renaissance Period * Romantic Period * Country * Comedy * Parody * Funk * Hawaiian * Instrumental * Jazz * Acid Jazz * Afro-Cuban Jazz * Be-Bop Jazz * Bossa Nova Jazz * Cool Jazz * Gypsy Jazz * Hard Bop Jazz * Jazz Fusion * Modal Jazz * New Orleans Jazz * Ragtime * Swing Jazz * Latin ...
Today I received notice that a blog post, number 100 to be exact , allegedly infringed upon someone's copyright. I have not been given any other information other than just that. What is odd here is that no one Else's actual "intellectual property" is even on my blog; I am unsure as to what it is referring to because everything in the post was either written by me, therefore my intellectual property, or is linked to another website. I am assuming that they are either mad about my links to the YouTube video with the song, (which belongs to someone Else's Google YouTube account), or perhaps the album artwork, which was hosted by another website. SINCE NO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOT BELONGING TO ME EXISTS IN THE POST IN QUESTION OR ON MY BLOGGER ACCOUNT , I fully intend to file a counter-claim. Whatever the case I have decided to temporarily removed the links to the song on YouTube from the post in question. To these idiots with no life: I hope some day you...
Comments
Post a Comment
Comment on this post: