Song 544 ( Ray Stevens - Gitarzan )



After picking a couple of downer songs I figured that I needed something lighthearted. Ray Stevens is one of the more interesting comedy/novelty singer/songwriters in my book.
One of the best aspects of his music is that he doesn't take himself too seriously. He looks like he should be trying to peddling something on a late-night infomercial, but his music and lyrical writing is awesome. I have noted that is seems as if his popularity surges and wanes in 10 to 15 year cycles in pop culture, of course this isn't true of his hardcore fans. There are too many songs that he wrote that I have fond memories of that I will probably at sometime add to my list as well. This is comedic genius in music at its best.

Here is the music video on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)