6211. R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81zJ2+9CbNL._SX522_.jpg
From: Automatic for the People; Year: 1992; Genre: Alternative Rock
Gosh, this one really rattles some memories loose for me, not only was it from my pivotal early teenage years, but it was also quite the piece of music and quite popular; rightly so. They might've been one of the preeminent alternative rock bands, but their influences really came through on this one. With that doo-wop rhythm mixed with rock and gospel made for a very distinctive and timeless sound that still is fresh today in my opinion.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Hall & Oates - Out of Touch

My song pick 6 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Station Man

My song pick 7 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Emerald Eyes

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Thermals - I Know the Pattern

My song pick 9 years ago today: Grace Slick - El Diablo

My song pick 10 years ago today: Marcus Miller - Juice

My song pick 11 years ago today: Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning

My song pick 12 years ago today: Ludwig van Beethoven - Op. 67 - Symphony No.5 in C

My song pick 13 years ago today: Al Di Meola - Bianca's Midnight Lullaby

My song pick 14 years ago today: Ray Stevens - Mr. Businessman

My song pick 15 years ago today: Elton John - Tiny Dancer

My song pick 16 years ago today: Queen - A Kind of Magic
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship