630 ( ABBA - Me and I )

Super Trouper cover

I was listening to a lot of ABBA today while working today. This is one of my favorites from the pen of Andersson/Ulvaeus; the lyrics in this song are some of the best arranged that I have ever heard from the band. The music is a perfect match to the lyrics; of course they use their trademark of launching into major chords in the chorus to gives the song a monster hook. Both bassist Rutger Gunnarsson and drummer Ola Brunkert are incredible in this song; they compose one of the most underrated rhythm sections in music in my opinion.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade