From: Built to Last ; Year: 1989; Genre: Country Rock Dang, another month is now over; October is always positive, or at least I can hope. Had the 'Dead on my mind for most of yesterday, so I figured I should pick another one from the band, which is one I have always enjoyed. This one, which was written by late keyboardist Brent Mydland and long-time 'Dead collaborator/poet John Barlow, also features Mydland on lead vocals has a message and feel similar to the Earth movement back in the 1960/70s with more of a '90s production and sound indicative of them and their music of the era. Of course, this was also the Grateful Dead's "swansong" studio album; Brent Mydland passed away less than a year later. Hear We Can Run on YouTube. My song pick 1 year ago today: King Crimson - The Great Deceiver My song pick 2 years ago today: Geddy Lee - Gone My song pick 3 years ago today: Tommy Roe - Dizzy My song pick 4 years ago tod...
From: Slade in Flame ; Year: 1974; Genre: Rock Still choosing songs that just start playing in my mind whilst going about my day; although, unlike other recent picks, this is one that I have heard quite a bit and not that long ago. I was unaware that this, their fifth studio album, was actually a soundtrack to a film which starred the members of the band concerning the rise and fall of a fictional band Flame. Have obviously never seen it, but now is on my "movies to watch list" I suppose. Anyway, I cannot remember where I first heard this one, but immediately liked it; that loping shuffle with the overall bluesy melody is just a great combination. Hear Far Far Away on YouTube. My song pick 1 year ago today: Neil Sedaka - Laughter in the Rain My song pick 2 years ago today: The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Sweetooth My song pick 3 years ago today: The Moody Blues - Watching and Waiting My song pick 4 years ago today: ...
From: Long Hard Look ; Year: 1989; Genre: Rock Here is yet another one that I have not heard in many moons and just started playing in my brain; who knows where it came from? But at least I got it out and made it today's pick. Back when it was released and some years after it was played a lot, so it was quite ubiquitous, but eventually faded from popular culture somewhat. Gramm's vocals are a s powerful as ever in this one; he was/is the main driving force for the band Foreigner and it shows. Hear Just Between You and Me on YouTube. My song pick 1 year ago today: The (Detroit) Spinners - Spaceballs My song pick 2 years ago today: Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters My song pick 3 years ago today: David Essex - Stardust My song pick 4 years ago today: Beat Crusaders - Summerend My song pick 5 years ago today: The Alan Parsons Project - To One in Paradise My song pick 6 years ago today: Sky - Gymnopedie No. 1 ...
Today I received notice that a blog post, number 100 to be exact , allegedly infringed upon someone's copyright. I have not been given any other information other than just that. What is odd here is that no one Else's actual "intellectual property" is even on my blog; I am unsure as to what it is referring to because everything in the post was either written by me, therefore my intellectual property, or is linked to another website. I am assuming that they are either mad about my links to the YouTube video with the song, (which belongs to someone Else's Google YouTube account), or perhaps the album artwork, which was hosted by another website. SINCE NO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOT BELONGING TO ME EXISTS IN THE POST IN QUESTION OR ON MY BLOGGER ACCOUNT , I fully intend to file a counter-claim. Whatever the case I have decided to temporarily removed the links to the song on YouTube from the post in question. To these idiots with no life: I hope some day you...
I have been in need of upbeat music lately, I could not think of song that is as upbeat as this ELO classic. I just love the sound of ELO, this song has just an amazing quality to it. Here is the studio version on YouTube. +
From: Cloudcuckooland ; Year: 1989; Genre: Pop/Alternative Rock Pure is another song that I cannot remember the last time I heard it, but it just happened to pop into my mind nevertheless. It's one of those catchy tunes that will stay with you, but not to the point that it'll play without ceasing, driving you nuts along the way. Hear Pure on YouTube. My song pick 1 year ago today: Quarterflash - Find Another Fool My song pick 2 years ago today: Dire Straits - Solid Rock My song pick 3 years ago today: J Rocc - Cold Heat Megamix My song pick 4 years ago today: Marshall Crenshaw - You're My Favorite Waste of Time My song pick 5 years ago today: Scorpions - Dancing With the Moonlight My song pick 6 years ago today: The Surfaris - Point Panic My song pick 7 years ago today: The Temptations - Masterpiece My song pick 8 years ago today: Yes - A Venture My song pick 9 years ago today: Pearl Jam - Dissent My song ...
Here are the genres of music from the songs that I have chosen on my song-a-day blog. It is more than likely incomplete and there are likely to be some errors, but I figured it would help those who visit to navigate my ever-expanding blog. * Bluegrass * Blues * classical * 20th Century Period * Baroque Period * Classical Period * Opera * Musical * Renaissance Period * Romantic Period * Country * Comedy * Parody * Funk * Hawaiian * Instrumental * Jazz * Acid Jazz * Afro-Cuban Jazz * Be-Bop Jazz * Bossa Nova Jazz * Cool Jazz * Gypsy Jazz * Hard Bop Jazz * Jazz Fusion * Modal Jazz * New Orleans Jazz * Ragtime * Swing Jazz * Latin ...
Comments
Post a Comment
Comment on this post: