640 ( The (Detroit) Spinners - The Rubberband Man )

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lOjendWPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I have loved this song ever since I discovered it on one of my dad's old Superhit 8-Tracks when I was younger. I remember recording it off on to cassette so I could rewind it and listen to it again instead of waiting for the tape to come around again. I dare most anyone to be in a bad mood after listening to this great song.
From what I understand, The Spinners are also known as The Detroit Spinners mostly in the UK to avoid confusion with a British band with the same name.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '76 on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade