Song 37 ( Jethro Tull - Part of the Machine )

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81nNmHDr4ML._SS500_.jpg

Jethro Tull are one of my favorite bands of all time. They will probably be featured a lot on my list, mostly because they make up a sizable percentage of my library. The first few times I heard this song I didn't like it at all, but over time I finally listened to the lyrics and music and came to like it. The song was recorded in '88; it is somewhat cynical about democracy and the "free" governments and puts the whole feeling how these "free" governments have become reminiscent of a large machine. I love the single's cover art using the Prussian Eagle although the song is about America, another country that uses the eagle as a symbol. A very good song worth a listen if you get the chance, however, Ian Anderson kept the circulation of the 20 Years of Tull Boxed Set very low, which makes it quite difficult to find. However, Part of the Machine was recently added to their re-mastered Crest of a Knave album as a bonus track.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance of the song on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)