Song 154 (Little River Band--"Reminiscing")


https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61QskVfK9gL.jpg













I caught this song the other day on the radio and had not heard it in some time; I've always had a fondness for it, so I decided to pick it today. It is like a lot of the light rock from the late '70s, it has a bit of a disco touch to it in the beat with the light airy feel as well. I usually don't like a lot of music from this genre, however I do like this one in particular. Probably the best part for me is way the chorus is constructed and feels.
I find it very funny at how the band got their name; I heard it story in an interview on a radio show quite a while ago. Apparently they were picking the name of the band and for some reason they decided to go with what was written on the next road sign. They happened by the town of "Little River" and that became their name. One of the members of the band in the interview is thankful that there was no landfill or something similar on the road at that point.

Here is a video with the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn