Song 161 (Savatage--"Devastation")



I have noted in the past that if I pick songs from the same band two days in a row most of the time it will be Savatage; today is no different. I was letting the Hall of the Mountain King album play all of the way through and this song came on. What is different is that I had heard this song before, but this time I payed more attention to it and found quite a bit more to the song than before; kind of a re-discovery of sorts.
The song deals with the subject matter of end of the World with aspects from the Bible's book of Revelation. What I found quite funny is that the song says that the year 2000 brings the end of the human race, even though that year came and went some years ago. My favourite aspect of this song is Jon Oliva's songwriting and vocals, I love how he sings along in syncopation with the drums in certain parts of the song.

Hear Devastation on YouTube.
Watch a live performance on the song with Last Dawn as well on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade