Song 168 (Bon Jovi--"It’s My Life")

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b7/BonJoviCrushalbumcover.jpg

Ever since I first heard this song I liked it; it got ingrained in my mind mostly because it was released about the time that wife and I were dating. She had just bought the CD, so it got played a lot when we were driving around.
I find that the song itself is an anthem to an individual being free and living his/her life by his/her own rules and ignoring and fighting those who would dictate how to live.
Musically, this song is pretty awesome, no one instrument seems to "showboat" as much in this one; all of the members come together to make an excellent sound. The keyboard's counter-line is especially key in my opinion to fill this song out really well. One aspect that I like about this song is Hugh McDonald's bass playing, he and Tico really round out the rhythm section quite well; it is a shame that Hugh McDonald has never been made an official band member.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn