Song 182 (ABBA--"The Visitors")



I have noticed that most of the ABBA songs I like are usually off of one of their two last albums; this one being the title track off of their last album. Their music became less "poppy" and more progressive during this period. This is another very interesting song with excellent and odd arrangements; it's very "electronic" in sound and the lyrics are a bit cryptic to say the least. To me, this song has always seemed to be about someone who had a mental disorder that was paranoid and thinking that the person at the door was someone who meant ill will. However, later I found out that the song was about meetings between people in Soviet occupied countries trying to avoid the secret police; I guess that I was kind of right.
The song has a lot of layers to it and I almost find it impossible to hear everything at once, every time I listen to it I hear something else that I missed before. The main "hook" to this song that I really like is when it moves from the verses to the chorus.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is an extended remix on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn