Song 307 (Band of Horses--"Ode To LRC")

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/53/Ceasetobegin.jpg

This song was running through my head this morning; is one of my favorites by Band of Horses, so I figured that I would choose it.
LRC stands for "Little Red Caboose," which was a train in Western Washington State near Mount Rainier, it was transformed into a resort where Ben Bridwell supposedly hung out at. From what I have read, this song was inspired by entries in the resort's logbook about the happenings over the years. The song's structure is what I love the most; the song is a bit raucous and chunky at the beginning and smooths out and becomes quite melodic.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn