Song 318 (Eric Clapton--"My Father’s Eyes")



I don't think that my Clapton week would be complete without this song. This is one of his songs that I instantly fell in love with and helped make me a Nathan East fan with that excellent bass line, which carries the song. The slide guitar solo is quite nice; it is another one of my favorite aspects of the song. From what I understand this song was written about Eric Clapton's father and how he never knew him. It is such a beautiful song and definitely in need of being chosen.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade