Song 316 (Cream--"Tales of Brave Ulysses")



I am continuing my Clapton kick for now with this song, which is one of my favourites from Cream. Every time I hear this song I always get a chill; it is an excellent composition. The lyrics are about some of the parts of Homer's Odyssey.
From what I heard in a Clapton interview, the song's structure was inspired by The Loving Spoonful's hit Summer in the City. What more can be said about the ability and performance of this trio of legendary musicians? They are just incredible; Eric Clapton always is surrounded by the best.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a classic live performance circa '68 on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6968. England Dan & John Ford Coley - Nights Are Forever Without You

Song Picks By Genre:

Open Letter To The Complete Lowlife Idiot(s) Who Filed a Copyright Infringement

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6967. Michael Kiwanuka - Final Days

6314. Lionel Richie - Hello