Song 319 (Eric Clapton--"After Midnight")


http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Cm2RALagL._SL500_AA300_.jpg













I decided that this JJ Cale song that Clapton made famous would be an excellent addition to my Eric Clapton week. To be honest, I have never really enjoyed the earlier version of the song that much, but it's still a good version. However, the later recording of this song from the mid eighties is the one that I fell in love with. There is something about Eric Clapton's guitar work and Nathan East's bass that is just beyond incredible about that recording. I just love the slower, bluesy sound that is in the later version.

Here is the earlier version of the song on YouTube.
Here is a music video with the slower '80s version on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn