Song 326 (Blue Öyster Cult--"Shooting Shark")



I was in need of a song for today's pick and this song just popped into my mind and I knew it was time to add it to my list. Anyway, this is another song that I instantly fell in love with; probably it is the strange lyrics/story and hypnotic rhythm or the song that garnered my main attention. The song was co-written by Patti Smith and band member Donald Roeser; also American Idol judge Randy Jackson played bass on this track. I love the changes that they use in the arrangement, especially when they go from the verses to the chorus. And of course the bass line is one of their best in my opinion.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn