Song 468 ( Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Ohio )



Last night I was kept awake by my new neighbors playing something loud, something quite boring with an alternating low E note and a B note. I did not want make another enemy amongst my neighbors, so I let it go for now and they did not wake up the little guy.
Anyway, I could not sleep so I turned on the History Channel and they had a program about The Kent State Massacre; immediately this song began playing in my mind. Ohio was written in response to the event as a protest and even though it was banned on popular radio it still became hit. What I really like about this song is how good the music is and how it takes the message to a new level.

Hear Ohio on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade