Song 482 ( Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 )



Merry Christmas!
I decided that from now until Christmas Day I will choose songs based on the Holiday theme.
This is probably the most recognizable song from The Trans-Siberian Orchestra, it contains melodies from: The Carol of The Bells and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen among others. This song was also released about the same time on the Savatage album: Dead Winter Dead. From what I understand the song was inspired by a cellist that went out during the Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian war of the mid 90's and played Christmas music in the town square whilst it was being shelled in defiance of the conflict; here is a writeup.
Anyway, it is a nice song to start Christmas week; cheers!

Here is a music video on YouTube.
There are quite a few live performances available as well on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

Song Picks By Genre:

Open Letter To The Complete Lowlife Idiot(s) Who Filed a Copyright Infringement

6967. Michael Kiwanuka - Final Days