819 ( Alexander Courage - Where No Man Has Gone Before (Theme From Star Trek) )

819 ( Alexander Courage - Where No Man Has Gone Before (Theme From Star Trek) )










We picked up the new Star Trek movie the other day, and I thought that it would be fun to add the theme from the original Star Trek series to my list. This is one of the more recognizable television themes in existence.
The theme actually changed a bit throughout the run of the series with both the melody being sung and played instrumentally.
Most are probably unaware that Gene Roddenberry wrote lyrics to this song:

Beyond the rim of the starlight,
my love is wandering in star flight.
I know he'll find
In star clustered reaches
Love, strange love
A starwoman teaches.

I know his journey ends never.
His Star Trek will go on forever.
But tell him while
He wanders his starry sea,
Remember,
Remember me.

I could probably post a page of links to the various versions, covers, and parodies, but here are a few:
Here is the operatic opening on YouTube.
Here is the intro without vocals on YouTube.
Here is the remastered opening on YouTube.
Here is a disco version sung by Nichelle Nichols with alternate lyrics on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Temptations - Get Ready
My song pick two years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Not Fragile

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn