816 ( Johnny Rivers - Poor Side of Town )

816 ( Johnny Rivers - Poor Side of Town )











As with many of the songs that I seem to add to my list, (especially as of late), this one was running through my mind a bit and I like it, so I am adding it to my list.
I cannot remember when I first heard this song, but have always loved it. I have discovered that I have not heard a Johnny Rivers' song that I dislike and this song is no exception. I love the power and emotion that he puts into this one, of course you really can't go wrong with a song about a jilted love; that and similar subjects account for some of the biggest hits ever written.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance from last year on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Stayed Awake All Night
My song pick two years ago today: David Essex - Rock On

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

Open Letter To The Complete Lowlife Idiot(s) Who Filed a Copyright Infringement

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6964. B.T. Express - Shake It Off