807 ( The Kinks - (Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman )

807 ( The Kinks - (Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/KinksLowBudget.jpg

The last couple of days I have been going over my collection of Kinks material and I decided that today is a good day to add one of their songs to the list. This one used to get a lot of radio play, but for some reason I have not heard it play on the air in about the last 10 years; at least I own the song and can listen to it at my leisure.
This Disco-influenced track is very fast-paced and danceable with an awesome back-beat and bass line. It is about a normal bloke seeing the sorry state of world and his life, he wishes to have the power to fix it all, but alas, reality is what it is and as the song states: "I'd like to fly, but I can't even swim."
What I like most about this song, as with most Kinks' tracks, is the descriptive lyrics from Ray Davies' pen. Every time I listen to one of his songs I am floored by the vivid pictures and scenes that he paints; he is a true musical genius in every sense of the word.

Here is a fan video with the studio version.


My song pick a year ago today: #435 The Allman Brother's Band - Ain't Waistin' Time No More
My song pick two years ago today: #67 Red Sovine - Phantom 309

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn