808 ( Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Hold on Tight - Epilogue )

808 ( Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Hold on Tight - Epilogue )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/ELO_Time_expanded_album_cover.jpg

I was in an ELO mood today and felt like picking one of their songs; I couldn't believe that I hadn't chosen this one yet being as it is one of my older favorites from ELO. I have loved this song ever since I first heard it, which was quite a while ago. My dad had this song on many of his mix cassettes and 8-tracks, so I had a lot of exposure to it.
After I discovered the rest of the album that this track was originally released on, Time, it became my favourite ELO album. It was probably the biggest hit off of the album, although there were a few other hits as well.
Hold on Tight is an upbeat Rocker written in a Blues, which is the wrap-up song in the album/story, however, it is obviously an excellent stand-alone song in itself. The piece: Epilogue is the actual ending of the entire album, which is about one and a half minutes in length and sounds a bit Beatleish only with a much bigger sound.

Here is the studio version with Epilogue at the end on YouTube.
Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: #436 C.W. McCall - Wolf Creek Pass
My song pick two years ago today: #68 Eddie Rabbitt - Driving My Life Away

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn