937 ( Rammstein - Ich Tu Dir Weh )

937 ( Rammstein - Ich Tu Dir Weh )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/Cover_lifad.jpg

I recently bought this album in a local music store instead of going through the hassle of importing it from Europe. I was happy to find out that the censors here in the States didn't get their grubby mitts on it other than a sticker covering the title of a certain song on the album; I believe that they had to censor something to make themselves feel relevant.
Anyway, this one became one of my favourites immediately when I first heard it; they mixed heavy and light elements quite nicely and I really like Till's melodic singing. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase and Rammstein's effort on this album. In my opinion the first half of the album is excellent and makes up for any shortcomings that might pop up in the second half.
It was kind of odd after playing this album for so long I found out that it had been placed on something called the "Index" in their home country of Germany; I did not know that this even existed prior to this occasion. Apparently due to the lyrical content the Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien (BPjM) decided that this song was too much for the ears of German Youths. This is quite odd in my opinion because they have released songs in the past and on this album for that matter that are far more extreme lyrically. So, apparently this song cannot be played in Germany where youths might hear it. Subsequent versions of the album released in Germany have this song omitted as well as a certain picture inside the CD cover; all other versions are forbidden to be sold where youths have access. From what I understand they are forbidden to play the song live in Germany as well. If this is like any censorship here in America, it probably does very little to keep the material out of the hands of the youths; if not make it even more attractive to them. You just "got to love" those believe they know what is best for others; if you cannot tell I am 100% against censorship of any kind.

Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Damn Yankees - Coming of Age
My song pick two years ago today: Bread - Mother Freedom

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade