942 ( Jerry Reed - Amos Moses )

942 ( Jerry Reed - Amos Moses )

Just went through over 10 years worth of accumulated sheet music, old setlists, instruction booklets, and plethora of other music related documents. One I ran across was a piece of sheet music I made a couple of years ago; I learned both the guitar and bass lines from Jerry Reed's "Amos Moses" and made a hybrid line out of both that I played on the bass.
Anyway, after I found it the song started running through my mind, I checked if I had chosen it yet and amazingly I have not. This is one of among many Jerry Reed tracks that I grew up listening to a lot; it is a fun and entertaining song.
While some might find it weird that someone who is classified as "Country" would write something so funky, there are actually many other "Country Funk" songs in existence. I noticed a lot of the great pickers would play a lot of cross-genre music, the late-great Chet Atkins being one of them. Plus with both Funk and Bluegrass generally being chordal based it is not as big of a jump as you would think.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '83 on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Santana - All The Love In The Universe
My song pick two years ago today: The Who - My Generation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn