926 ( Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) - La Mer (Beyond The Sea) )

926 ( Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) - La Mer (Beyond The Sea) )

Yesterday whilst waiting with my guitar I started playing around with this song and had it completely covered by the time I was done waiting. Most people today would probably be best acquainted with the Bobby Darin version of the song, which can be found here on YouTube. This is easily my favourite rendition of this song; the infusion of the Gypsy Jazz sound brings it to a new level of beauty in my opinion; I especially love Stephane Grappelli's violin playing.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Harold Faltermeyer & Steve Stevens - Top Gun Anthem
My song pick two years ago today: Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov - Flight of the Bumblebee

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)