948 ( Louis Armstrong and his Hot Seven - Melancholy Blues )

948 ( Louis Armstrong and his Hot Seven - Melancholy Blues )
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DKsA4RujL._SL500_AA280_.jpghttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiaks11mS9DqahRT6yC0xCtXgIJHqTh8rQQ5v4iRpblzAfNCCEiTgKJq1L-eTdX-MvBsplZWOHKeqWik_J3AtEIhL-1NpN3QbGw37Hzo7eqE8MjhNf-KFgo1AWBJdDtiLgbxajRcw18Zxo/s200/The_Sounds_of_Earth_-_GPN-2000-001976.jpg

I couldn't let this theme week go without picking the featured Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong piece from Voyager Spacecraft's "The Sounds Of Earth" Golden Record. I can't help but get a smile on my face when I hear him play; he's certainly one of the greatest of the last Century.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell
My song pick two years ago today: Pink Floyd - Brain Damage/Eclipse

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

Song Picks By Genre:

6968. England Dan & John Ford Coley - Nights Are Forever Without You

Open Letter To The Complete Lowlife Idiot(s) Who Filed a Copyright Infringement

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6967. Michael Kiwanuka - Final Days

6314. Lionel Richie - Hello