6897. Bwncath - Barti Ddu

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51TzVeGEI9L._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Bwncath; Year: 2017; Genre: Folk Rock
Discovered this Welsh band the other day, and as always, I love anything different, which Bwncath definitely fits. From wot I understand Bwncath in the Welsh language translates as Buzzard, hence the band's logo I suppose.
Anyway, I know absolutely no Welsh in either written or spoken form, which they sing in, however, from wot I have read, this track is about the famous Welsh pirate Bartholomew Roberts, (aka: Black Bart), who was the most successful buccaneer of the golden age of piracy. On this one they idealize the exploits and stories of the long-dead countryman. I really like the music, especially the reverb-heavy surf style guitar that adds a lot to the overall folk rock sound of the band.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 7 years ago today: The Guess Who - Runnin' Down the Street

My song pick 8 years ago today: Parliament - Sir Nose d'Voidoffunk (Pay Attention – B3M)

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Alan Parsons Project - Sirius/Eye in the Sky

My song pick 10 years ago today: 30 Seconds to Mars - Night of the Hunter

My song pick 11 years ago today: Rush - The Weapon (Part II of Fear)

My song pick 12 years ago today: Genesis - Abacab

My song pick 13 years ago today: Savatage - Handful of Rain

My song pick 14 years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Barbarian

My song pick 15 years ago today: Charlie Parker - Summertime

My song pick 16 years ago today: Tarot - Gone

My song pick 17 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black

My song pick 18 years ago today: The Enemys - Sinner Man
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6914. Les Claypool's Duo De Twang - Man in the Box

6915. Starfoxx - Oh Linda

6916. Squeeze - Tempted

6917. Aphrodite's Child - Rain and Tears

6918. The Outfield - Voices of Babylon

Open Letter To The Complete Lowlife Idiot(s) Who Filed a Copyright Infringement

Theme Picks