6917. Aphrodite's Child - Rain and Tears

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51mVGrFtZrL.jpg
From: End of the World; Year: 1968; Genre: Psychedelic Rock
From time to time I go back to Aphrodite's Child and their gorgeous music; I'm glad I did last night once more.
Rain and Tears, which was their first big hit and was particularly popular in Italy and across northern Europe; I do not know how it did on this side of "The Pond," but if it didn't we really missed out.
Evangelos Papathanassiou (aka Vangelis) and Boris Bergman wrote this piece around the overly used motif of Johann Pachelbel's famous Canon in D, P.37. Immediately you will recognize the melody, but once they start to introduce and reintroduce their themes and vocals, their musical masterwork embellishes around the skeletal motif into something really amazing and beautiful. I cannot help but keep on resetting the needle over again and again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 7 years ago today: Bootsy's Rubber Band - Rubber Duckie

My song pick 8 years ago today: Lee Dorsey - Ya Ya

My song pick 9 years ago today: Curved Air - Back Street Luv

My song pick 10 years ago today: Fairport Convention - Fotheringay

My song pick 11 years ago today: Steeleye Span - Van Diemen's Land

My song pick 12 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Kelpie

My song pick 13 years ago today: Wild Turkey - Battle Hymn

My song pick 14 years ago today: Johann Strauss I - Op. 154 - Lorelei Rhein Klänge

My song pick 15 years ago today: Puhdys - Hier Oben

My song pick 16 years ago today: Rush - Circumstances

My song pick 17 years ago today: Rammstein - Du Hast

My song pick 18 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Sunshine Day
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6911. Jerry Reed - You Took All the Ramblin' Out of Me

6913. ZZ Top - My Head's in Mississippi

6914. Les Claypool's Duo De Twang - Man in the Box

6912. Bon Jovi - Undivided

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6915. Starfoxx - Oh Linda

6910. Loggins and Messina - Your Mama Don't Dance