735 ( Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway )

735 ( Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Wilson_Pickett_-_The_Sound_of_Wilson_Pickett.jpg

I got this song stuck in my mind today and it refuses to leave; I do like this song quite a bit, so I will add it to my list.
This is actually written by Arlester "Dyke" Christian and recorded by his band Dyke & the Blazers the same year that Wilson Pickett recorded his cover of it. However, it was Wilson Pickett's version that became the hit. One of the main hooks in this song is that awesome infectious bass line, which is probably one of the main reasons that it is stuck in my mind.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn