735 ( Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway )

735 ( Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Wilson_Pickett_-_The_Sound_of_Wilson_Pickett.jpg

I got this song stuck in my mind today and it refuses to leave; I do like this song quite a bit, so I will add it to my list.
This is actually written by Arlester "Dyke" Christian and recorded by his band Dyke & the Blazers the same year that Wilson Pickett recorded his cover of it. However, it was Wilson Pickett's version that became the hit. One of the main hooks in this song is that awesome infectious bass line, which is probably one of the main reasons that it is stuck in my mind.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6960. Spacehog - Spacehog

6959. The Spaniels - Goodnite, Sweetheart, Goodnite

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

Open Letter To The Complete Lowlife Idiot(s) Who Filed a Copyright Infringement

6348. Lightning Seeds - Pure

3732. Mastodon - Hearts Alive