Song 127 (The Moody Blues--"Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?), Time To Get Away")

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81xDFfEu-eL._SX522_.jpg 

This is probably my favourite Moody Blues song; they were the first band really that I started to listen to that got me heavily into the genre of Progressive Rock. Although I have moved more toward bands that are heavier into the genre and less mainstream than the Moody Blues, I still listen to them a bit from time to time and they have a special place for me. Days Of Future Passed is a concept album that is beyond excellent and is a classic; in the album they use the day as a theme to make a sort of a suite of music. In my opinion side two is where it really shines on the record: from Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?), to Nights in White Satin. In this song I really like the smooth transitions from one part to another; the musicianship is incredible throughout the entire song. You can really see that this song and album was well thought out and planned. Hear Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?), Time to Get Away on YouTube. Here is a live performance circa '70 on YouTube. +

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn