Song 125 (Billy Joel--"Two Thousand Years")



This is a very interesting song pick for today. I have always liked songs with a message or a meaning and this one has it in spades. I chose it because it came into my mind the other day when watching some Sci-Fi/Fantasy about a distant future post-modern world; this track seemed to fit the movie and my mood after watching it.
The song itself is anti-conflict song looking back on the wars in the past then focusing on our present small period in time and how we live it. I really like after that when he sings about, like with most parents want our children to live in a better world than we do. Probably the most powerful part of the song is the hope in a grand future without war and conflict and man puts his power into art and science; a truly beautiful and powerful song.
I noticed on this album it has a very dark feeling to it on many of the tracks. I like most of the tracks, the only one that I dislike on this album is the title track; almost all of the rest I like in varying degrees.

Watch an AMV with the song on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade