Song 129 (Midnight Oil--"Blue Sky Mine")



Last night while driving home this song came up on my iPod's playlist and I thought it would be a nice pick for today. Ever since this song first came out I have liked it; that was a while ago since it came out, that makes me feel a bit old.
Anyway, the song itself sounds a bit Beatleish and contains some excellent musicianship and harmonies.
From what I understand this song was written about the Wittenoom asbestos mines where Australia had one of its worst ecological disasters.

Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade