Song 133 (John Denver--"Paradise")



As of late, (the last week or so), I had about three song vying to be picked and then when I get to the computer I end up not picking any of the ones that I had in mind; today is no different. This song just popped into my head today, I like this track quite a but so I'm picking it.
This song was released in '72 by John Denver on the Rocky Mountain High album; it was originally written by John Prine. The song itself is about the coal mines around the town of Paradise in Muhlenberg County, Kentucky and how after the coal was gone the town became a ghost town and nothing was left except the scars on the land.
The musicianship is excellent and John Denver's vocals are as perfect as always. One aspect about this entire album is that it seems that every song is a bit depressing, however, John Denver sings in his very upbeat vocal style without wavering.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn