Song 152 (Molly Hatchet--"Bounty Hunter")


Oddly enough I was thinking about picking another song by Molly Hatchet until I started the process posting and this one happened to come to mind. To be honest, although I liked what I heard from them, I first really got into the band because of the album artwork by Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo. After I bought the albums I started listening to their other, less popular tracks I fell in love with the band's music the rest of the way.
Here's a piece of trivia for anyone interested: from what I've heard, they actually got the band's name from an infamous female murderer who was called "Hatchet Molly" because her weapon of choice was a hatchet.
What I really like about this song is, of course, the excellent musicianship and vocal work. It has a nice southern rock feel in a "boogie woogie" toe-tapping fast blues; when it's played almost everyone starts dancing to it in one way or another even if they're sitting down. It always puts me in a good mood when I listen to it.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance from '96 on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn