Song 137 (Tears For Fears--"Mad World")



A few years ago I started to revisit songs from the '80s that I heard when I was younger; Tears for Fears was one of the bands that I came to like from this revisiting of the pop music. More recently I heard a cover of the song that was okay but lacked the soul and the feeling of a call to action of the original Tears for Fears version; it is a very depressing.
I came across this song a while ago whilst doing some research on the band and immediately liked it. Funny enough when I got into heavily watching the BBC I noticed this song playing a lot in the background on commercials and programs. Probably the vocals and lyrics are my favorite aspects of this song; I love the way that they show feeling of hopelessness in the "Mad World" and the call to action against it.

Hear Mad World on YouTube.
Here is an extended studio version on YouTube.
Here is a performance on Top of the Pops in '82 on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn