679 ( Rush - Lakeside Park )

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fa/Rush_Caress_of_Steel.jpg

Yesterday, my family and I went to my old home town to celebrate the 4th. As we were walking around the streets to get ready for the fireworks I began reminiscing about how that town used to be and how much it has changed; (and not for the better mind you). That place is so touristy now that it has become nothing but a monument to what it was; I guess calling it a monument is better than likening it to a corpse that is slowly rotting away.
Anyway, with all of the sentimentality and rumination going on, this song just kept playing in my mind. The song was written in the same vein of wistfully looking back at the good memories of a place. I have always loved the arrangements in this song and is one of the best examples of Geddy Lee's wail in his vocals.
Here's to sentimentality!

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance of the song on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade