690 ( Herbie Hancock - Sly )

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/Head_Hunters_Album.jpg

I found this track yesterday while doing an unrelated search; most Jazz musicians seem only to be separated by one or two degrees if that. I immediately fell in love with the song, (I am a sucker for some good Fusion and love Herbie Hancock's keyboard). Anyway, the song's title was a dedication to Sly Stone of Sly and the Family Stone. A very beautiful piece of Jazz Fusion with some Funk thrown in.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6314. Lionel Richie - Hello

6964. B.T. Express - Shake It Off