Song 249 (The Edgar Winter Group--"Frankenstein")



I have been hearing this song a lot lately on the radio and other medium as well and I figured that it might be time to choose it. From what I understand the title of the song was supposed to be called "Double Drum Solo," however, after splicing all of the pieces of the song together from various masters they decided on Frankenstein; Edgar Winter also thought that the lumbering rhythm of the song fit the title as well.
From what I've read, this song was not originally supposed to be released, but was put on the album as an afterthought/joke. From what I understand it was a B-side on a single as well and eclipsed the A-side song. The musicianship is excellent on this track; it really shows off Edgar Winter's talent. One of my favorite aspects of the song is that I love the synthesizer sound and how it was used in this song as a lead instrument.

Here is a fan video with the studio version on YouTube.
Here is an amazing live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn