Song 251 (The Four Tops--"It’s the Same Old Song")

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41xbpQLYLVL.jpg

I really had no song in mind today, so I spun my playlist and this song came up and I thought that I would choose it. Anyway, what can really be said about the sound of Motown that has not already been said? The musicianship is beyond excellent, as with most other Motown acts; the vocals are excellent and very tight as well, which makes this song a treat to listen to.

Here is a studio recording on YouTube.
Here is a classic live performance on YouTube.
Here is a more recent live performance of the song in a medley with a cover of The Left Banke's Walk Away Renée on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade