Song 268 (The Kinks--"Dedicated Follower of Fashion")



After playing around with some Kinks songs the other day I knew I needed to choose one soon; today seemed like an excellent time as any.
On a television documentary I saw a while ago Ray Davies told an interesting story about this song. He said that an interviewer was asking him why he did not follow the fashionable trends and apparently got rather rude about it. Davies immediately went to a typewriter and wrote the song in a couple of minutes.
Probably the main reason why I love this song is to me it reminds me of and pokes fun at a lot of shallow, image centered individuals similar to those who I have run into throughout my life

Here is a fan video with the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '73 on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade