665 ( Savatage - The Piper Rap )

The Dungeons Are Calling cover

While doing some searching of Savatage music I ran into this odd hidden track, apparently it was released on a special edition release of the The Dungeons are Calling album as a hidden bonus track. I find it a bit of a shock that this song flew under my radar with Savatage being one of my favourite bands.
The Dungeons are Calling album comes from their earlier heavier metal period. As with much of the album this song is about drug use and the consequences there of. What makes this particular song odd is that they, as the title suggests, rap in it. The lyrics are just genius and just hilarious in parts, and Jon Oliva's vocals sell it the rest of the way. From this song I have added another entry to my "favorite lyric line" list: "I don't have a monkey on my back - I have the whole zoo - that's a fact."

Here is the studio version on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6314. Lionel Richie - Hello

6964. B.T. Express - Shake It Off