- My Little Labour of Love Ongoing for Nearly Two Decades -
652 ( Queen - One Vision )
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
I need some Queen today, this is one of their songs among many that I like a lot. There is so much that I like about this one; it is just an amazing song.
From: Raising the Mammoth ; Year: 2002; Genre: Progressive Metal/Symphonic Metal This will be the last Explorers Club song I will be picking; only because I have already chosen ever other song from the band/project. Oh well, still got material from Trent Gardner's main band, Magellan to choose from. This is the epic 21 minute instrumental extravaganza that closes this concept record out; an excellent piece to do so, indeed. Hear the full album on YouTube. (Part 2 starts just after the 38 minute mark) My song pick 1 year ago today: Red Rider - Power (Strength in Numbers) My song pick 2 years ago today: Billy Squier - The Stroke My song pick 3 years ago today: Marcus Miller - Be My Love My song pick 4 years ago today: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - 1983... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be) My song pick 5 years ago today: Toad The Wet Sprocket - Something's Always Wrong My song pick 6 years ...
From: Resident Alien ; Year: 1995; Genre: Glam Rock Another day of choosing a track that was on my mind; at least I am not picking one in memorandum of a recently deceased artist. (Knock on wood) Here's the song of the band's namesake from their debut studio album. I can only think of a couple of bands that wrote a song named after themselves.... Hear Spacehog on YouTube. My song pick 1 year ago today: Bruce Springsteen - The Promised Land My song pick 2 years ago today: Klaatu - Anus of Uranus My song pick 3 years ago today: Rockwell - Obscene Phone Caller My song pick 4 years ago today: Zebrahead - Playmate of the Year My song pick 5 years ago today: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Mideast Vacation My song pick 6 years ago today: Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy My song pick 7 years ago today: Dream Theater - Falls Into the Light My song pick 8 years ago today: Quarterflash - Nig...
From: Goodnite, It's Time To Go ; Year: 1957; Genre: Doo-Wop/Rock 'n Roll Seems like as of late I have been picking songs that were just playing in my brain's "player" instead of going with something in particular. I guess that is among wot is good about keeping a blog as such; the different songs surfacing for the Aether. Anyway, most have probably heard this one at some time over the last 70 or so years. I, personally remember hearing the Sha Na Na version first, but the original wasn't far behind with it being featured on the classic film American Graffiti and thus had re-gained a lot of popularity. It is without a doubt a stone-cold classic track and more than perfect for that final slow dance of the evening. Hear Goodnite, Sweetheart, Goodnite on YouTube. My song pick 1 year ago today: Roy Orbison - Blue Angel My song pick 2 years ago today: Praxis - After Shock (The Chaos Never Died) My song pick 3 years ago today: ...
From: Built to Last ; Year: 1989; Genre: Country Rock Dang, another month is now over; October is always positive, or at least I can hope. Had the 'Dead on my mind for most of yesterday, so I figured I should pick another one from the band, which is one I have always enjoyed. This one, which was written by late keyboardist Brent Mydland and long-time 'Dead collaborator/poet John Barlow, also features Mydland on lead vocals has a message and feel similar to the Earth movement back in the 1960/70s with more of a '90s production and sound indicative of them and their music of the era. Of course, this was also the Grateful Dead's "swansong" studio album; Brent Mydland passed away less than a year later. Hear We Can Run on YouTube. My song pick 1 year ago today: King Crimson - The Great Deceiver My song pick 2 years ago today: Geddy Lee - Gone My song pick 3 years ago today: Tommy Roe - Dizzy My song pick 4 years ago tod...
Here are the genres of music from the songs that I have chosen on my song-a-day blog. It is more than likely incomplete and there are likely to be some errors, but I figured it would help those who visit to navigate my ever-expanding blog. * Bluegrass * Blues * classical * 20th Century Period * Baroque Period * Classical Period * Opera * Musical * Renaissance Period * Romantic Period * Country * Comedy * Parody * Funk * Hawaiian * Instrumental * Jazz * Acid Jazz * Afro-Cuban Jazz * Be-Bop Jazz * Bossa Nova Jazz * Cool Jazz * Gypsy Jazz * Hard Bop Jazz * Jazz Fusion * Modal Jazz * New Orleans Jazz * Ragtime * Swing Jazz * Latin ...
From: Leviathan ; Year: 2004; Genre: Progressive Metal/Sludge Metal At over 13 minutes in length this is their longest track on the record; thirteen minutes of breathtaking musicianship. Hear Hearts Alive on YouTube. My song pick one year ago today: The (Detroit) Spinners - It's a Shame My song pick two years ago today: Neil Young - This Note's For You My song pick three years ago today: Dire Straits - Telegraph Road My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - Cheap Day Return My song pick five years ago today: Soundgarden - Black Rain My song pick six years ago today: Chickenfoot - Lighten Up My song pick seven years ago today: Aerosmith - Dream On My song pick eight years ago today: Rush - One Little Victory My song pick nine years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Fortunate Son My song pick ten years ago today: Franz Schubert - Op. 1 - Der Erlkönig " The ErlKing "
Today I received notice that a blog post, number 100 to be exact , allegedly infringed upon someone's copyright. I have not been given any other information other than just that. What is odd here is that no one Else's actual "intellectual property" is even on my blog; I am unsure as to what it is referring to because everything in the post was either written by me, therefore my intellectual property, or is linked to another website. I am assuming that they are either mad about my links to the YouTube video with the song, (which belongs to someone Else's Google YouTube account), or perhaps the album artwork, which was hosted by another website. SINCE NO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOT BELONGING TO ME EXISTS IN THE POST IN QUESTION OR ON MY BLOGGER ACCOUNT , I fully intend to file a counter-claim. Whatever the case I have decided to temporarily removed the links to the song on YouTube from the post in question. To these idiots with no life: I hope some day you...
Comments
Post a Comment
Comment on this post: