672 ( John Denver - This Old Guitar )

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51M04WWD9WL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The last couple of days it would seem as if I end up picking a song at zero hour instead of one that I had in mind for much of the day. For some reason this beautiful piece just seemed perfect for my mood tonight.
The song is about the relationship and friendship that exists between musician and instrument. Apparently he wrote the song about the guitar that he learned how to play on; from what I understand he had lost this dear instrument and later ran across it and wrote this song on it.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6960. Spacehog - Spacehog

6959. The Spaniels - Goodnite, Sweetheart, Goodnite

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

Song Picks By Genre:

3732. Mastodon - Hearts Alive

Open Letter To The Complete Lowlife Idiot(s) Who Filed a Copyright Infringement