6966. Slade - Far Far Away

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61pfglyN7GL._SX522_.jpg
From: Slade in Flame; Year: 1974; Genre: Rock
Still choosing songs that just start playing in my mind whilst going about my day; although, unlike other recent picks, this is one that I have heard quite a bit and not that long ago.
I was unaware that this, their fifth studio album, was actually a soundtrack to a film which starred the members of the band concerning the rise and fall of a fictional band Flame. Have obviously never seen it, but now is on my "movies to watch list" I suppose.
Anyway, I cannot remember where I first heard this one, but immediately liked it; that loping shuffle with the overall bluesy melody is just a great combination. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 8 years ago today: The Beatles - The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill

My song pick 9 years ago today: Elvis Presley - You'll Never Walk Alone

My song pick 10 years ago today: Carmen - Flamenco Fever

My song pick 11 years ago today: Ian Anderson - A Change of Horses

My song pick 12 years ago today: Wilson Pickett - Hey Joe

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Cosmic Sound Orchestra - Listen to the Beat

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Overhang

My song pick 15 years ago today: Hawkwind - Uncle Sam's on Mars

My song pick 16 years ago today: Al Di Meola - Suite – Golden Dawn

My song pick 17 years ago today: Béla Fleck & the Flecktones - Sex in a Pan

My song pick 18 years ago today: David Bowie - Space Oddity

My song pick 19 years ago today: The Guess Who - No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6960. Spacehog - Spacehog

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

3732. Mastodon - Hearts Alive

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6963. Lita Ford - Betrayal

6348. Lightning Seeds - Pure