2251 The Cosmic Sound Orchestra - Listen to the Beat

http://dreamchimney.com/tracks/artist_images/24896_image0_20100115_auto.jpg
From: Fly Some Funk Up To The Moon; Year: 1978; Genre: Funk/Soul
I'm going for a third Funky Friday pick in a row with this funky and rare track from, as far as I know, the only album The Cosmic Sound Orchestra ever released. As you might surmise from the band's name and that of the album they have a "spacy" sound combined with their funky sound as well as a smattering of disco. Quite an excellent band and song most have never heard before.

Hear Listen to the Beat on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Jethro Tull - Overhang

My song pick two years ago today: Hawkwind - Uncle Sam's on Mars

My song pick three years ago today: Al Di Meola - Suite – Golden Dawn

My song pick four years ago today: Béla Fleck & the Flecktones - Sex in a Pan

My song pick five years ago today: David Bowie - Space Oddity

My song pick six years ago today: The Guess Who - No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade