1721 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV Anh. 117a, 117b - Polonause in F Major (from Anna Magdalena Notebook II)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wJb7E42gL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
BWV Anh. 117a, 117b; Year: 1725; Genre: Baroque Period/classical
Today's pick number, (1721), happens to also be the year that J.S. Bach married his second wife Anna Magdalena Bach. Interestingly enough, three years ago I happened to pick two of the songs from the Second Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach, so I thought I would pick another piece from one of the two notebooks. As with a lot of Bach's work, this is a rather pretty piece of music.

Here is a midi recording of BWV Anh. 117a on YouTube.
Here is a midi recording of BWV Anh. 117b on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Exist†Trace - Requiem

My song pick two years ago today: Meat Loaf - Two out of Three Ain't Bad

My song pick three years ago today: Christian Pezold - BWV Anh. 115 - Minuet in G Minor (Anna Magdalena Notebook II)

My song pick four years ago today: Raymond Scott - Powerhouse

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn